CALLING ALL PLAYWRIGHTS!
Apply to the 2013-2014 Propulsion Lab!
The Application process is now closed.
As we bid a fond farewell and wish the best of luck to Jane Miller and Jennifer Lane as they both migrate west, we are looking for a few amazing playwrights to join us in the 2013-2014 Propulsion Lab. The Propulsion Lab is a bi-monthly writers group for Queens-based playwrights, curated by MtD co-founders Kari Bentley-Quinn and Don Nguyen. This past June, our Lab culminated with ALL SYSTEMS GO! – an evening of excerpts from plays written during the course of the Lab. The excerpts were read by super talented actors at our partner theatre, The Chain Theatre. The evening was sold out and a huge success. We are hoping to do a similar presentation next June and we hope you can be a part of it.
- Please submit one full length play (60 pages or more) in PDF format. Please choose the play you think represents you best as a writer. It doesn’t matter if it has been produced or if it is a first draft.
- Please submit a brief cover letter using our online form. You will be asked to supply the following information: Name, Neighborhood/Address, Phone/Email/Website/Twitter (if applicable), Productions/Awards you would like us to know about, how you heard about the lab, and also what you hope to gain from being a part of the Lab. This is not an artist statement so PLEASE don’t be formal, we just want to get to know you!
- You must currently reside in the borough of Queens (any neighborhood), and have been a resident for at least 6 months. In order to be part of the lab, you must live in Queens during the course of the lab. Please make sure you have no immediate plans to relocate if you apply!
- Willing and able to attend bi-monthly meetings. Regular attendance is very important to the continuity of the work and to support your fellow writers.
- Must commit to working on one full length play during the course of the lab.
The deadline to apply is August 15th!
Participants will be notified at the end of August with labs beginning in September.